Apr 18, 2019
Episode 32: Professional Communication and Workplace Skills
In today’s episode, we will be exploring a growing focus on the
importance of communication in the workplace and how several Ivy
Tech initiatives are meeting that need through an intentional focus
on increasing workplace skills throughout our students’ academic
experiences. Part of that work includes the Professional and
Community Communication Certificate, which provides coursework as
well as internship and other work-and-learn opportunities.
Call To Action
We hope today’s conversation has helped you to learn more about
how Ivy Tech is preparing students to communicate effectively in
the workplace. You can learn even more by visiting the program web
page at https://www.ivytech.edu/professional-communication/.
Get In Touch!
- You can reach out to our panel:
- Chris Lowery, senior vice president, workforce alignment
- Stacy Townsley, executive director, workforce alignment
operations and implementation
- Gwenn Eldridge, assistant vice president, academic transitions
- Allison Toren, assistant professor, communication, Kokomo
- You can connect with Kara Monroe on twitter @KNMTweets
- You can connect with Anne Valentine on twitter @indypenny
- Reach out with show ideas, comments, or questions via twitter
or at our email address -firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leave us a voice mail at 317-572-5049. Respond to the Call for
Action, ask a question, give a shout out to a colleague, or an
- Check out show notes, listen to past episodes, and get
instructions on how to access the podcast on our website athttp://www.ivytech.edu/podcast.
- Thanks as always to Jen Edds at The Brassy Broadcasting
Company. Jen provides our theme music, recording, and post